"Lack of money is not as bad as lack of idea"
Before creation, this whole world and the people in it were just an impression in God's mind. Everything was sleeping quietly in an idea. A great future awaits us all but I want to tell you that this future is waiting for the thoughts that god wants to transfer into our minds. Some of us have caught some ideas, some have not, but our future is sleeping quietly inside these ideas.
However they are more powerful than we may understand. It may also encourage us to know that God did not finish creation, but only started it.
The day an idea is introduced into your mind is the day creation begins with you. Creation begins with an idea. Everything visible today first of all existed in the form of an idea in someone's mind eg Cars, Microphones, Clothes, Aircrafts, and so on.
" Ideas are simply thoughts or plans or mental impression in our minds "
Every human being is potentially wealthy and prosperous. The poor people are the one who does not have ideas because ideas are the seeds that guarantee a future harvest. The Soul does not eat physical food but handles intangible things, which are IDEAS. So the prosperity of our Souls implies the prosperity of ideas in our minds. (3 John 2).
I have found out that money flows in direction of ideas. Whatever stops you from getting idea have practically stopped you from getting money. Ideas magnetize resources from the environment. Our quality of life can only be changed by the quality of ideas that flow through our mind.
Ideas are more powerful than the brain that produces them because they usually outlive those brains. The brain has been designed to produce an idea that suits our decision. The moment you decide, the brain goes to work and supplies the ideas of how to get what you have decided to get and when to get it.
IDEAS FOLLOW DECISION .
Many years ago, in a small town in United States, a doctor climbed his horse and rode to a chemist's shop. He went in through the back door (something that will change our live comes secretly). He carried in his hand an old fashioned kettle and a wooden paddle. He brought these items to the shop clerk with a sheet of paper on which was written the formula for a drink. Both of them began to bargain and eventually the clerk gave the doctor five hundred dollars for the items that he had come to sell. What the doctor sold to the clerk was worth a fortune to the young clerk but not to the doctor who gave away the items for just five hundred dollars.
To the surprise of the clerk, the content of the kettle which has since become a household name in the world, began to pour forth gold. The content of the kettle has been heard of in more places on the earth than the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ.
Somehow, the young clerk added something to the kettle, the paddle, and the formula. That thing, I believe is an IDEA. Today, the content of that kettle is the greatest consumer of sugar in the world. It is sustaining sugar plantations, the worker and their families around the world. It is one of the world's greatest consumers of glass and has turned fortune of many men around. The name of the drink is Coca-Cola, and the name of the clerk is Asa Candler.
The same thing that doctor placed a value of five hundred dollars on has today assumed a value that is difficult to estimate. But the difference between the doctor and the clerk was just ONE idea. The doctor did not realize that all the while he was holding the kettle, the paddle and the formula, billions of dollars were potentially lying in his hands. Unfortunately he did not find the idea so he could not get the billions of dollars. But one young man caught the idea and was able to release the potential for the billion.
HOW TO GENERATE IDEAS .
You can never rise above the level of your ideas. The quality of ideas that flow through your mind determines the quality of your life. How do we get ideas? I classified the means into two the ordinary and extraordinary process.
A. NATURAL PROCESS
1. Identify a need. Find a need and fill it . For example, people need to wear clothes, make clothes. The problem with the average person is that our inner eyes are closed. "One man's problem is another man s opportunity"
2. Build on someone's experience / product . Simplify an existing process or product. For example, cables have being use for telephone but now we do not need cables. Someone got idea for wireless phone system. Sit down and think of how you can improve on the current methods and equipment employed in your field.
3. Create a need . Before, man used water to entertain visitors, but now we use soft drinks. Man is not born with innate desire for soft drinks. Its general acceptable by the populace has made it a standard requirement for entertainment. Man created the need for soft drink.
4. Exposure Reading, traveling and asking questions help to arrange and rearrange thoughts in our mind.
B. SUPERNATURAL PROCESS. The greatest ideas that man will ever know are the ones coming from the invisible realm. We must cultivate our minds and faculties to be able to receive from that realm. Some have called it the Sixth Sense. Some call it Intuition. In the church, we call it the Voice of the Spirit. It is the ability to receive what the five senses cannot know. How do we condition our mind to receive supernatural ideas?
1. Prayer Dr. Robert Schuller says: "sow a prayer reap an idea" "Call to me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33: 3
2. Meditation in the Bible The greatest idea resource book in the whole world is the bible. It puts God's creativity on display. It demonstrates how God resolved so many seemingly impossible situations. Mediating on the word of God prepares our minds to receive inspired ideas from God. Along with meditation in the Bible, there is the need for general meditation. Take some time out to think. Great works are product of great thoughts. "Ten minutes of thinking can be worth more than ten hours of misdirected efforts" It is mental work expressed through physical work that guarantees quality results. That is Smart work and Work smart yields better returns than mere hard work. “ And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening. ''
3. Giving . It is clearly established in the Bible that giving provokes a flow of ideas from God. 1king 3: 4 – 5
"Weak minds discuss people, Lazy minds discuss events but Great minds discuss Ideas."